Not every COVID-19 carrier is symptomatic and we cannot completely eliminate risk. With that in mind, we have implemented the following safety guidelines to minimize any potential transmission of the novel coronavirus.
All our volunteers confirm that they:
- Have not traveled out of the country in the last 14 days
- Are not exhibiting any signs of compromised health (e.g. runny nose, cough, fever, etc.)
- Have not come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Have been practicing social distancing
We ask our volunteers to wear gloves during deliveries, as well as recommend volunteers avoid touching unnecessary items. Volunteers are additionally requested to take every CDC-approved safety precaution, including:
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer
- Refraining from touching their face after having been outside
- Sneezing or coughing into their elbow
- Practicing "social distancing" - staying indoors, avoiding crowds, staying 6 feet away from other people if they have to go outside.
Volunteers make as minimal contact with the recipient as possible upon delivery:
- All items must be pre-paid so no cash or credit card needs to be exchanged.
- They will place items at the door and knock/ring the doorbell (and/or call the recipient) to inform them that their order has been delivered.